More Passive Income from Freelance Writing on HubPages?

If you've been reading my blog, you might already be aware that I'm not a fan of revenue sharing sites.

But I had a client ask me if I knew how to make hubs on Hubpages. I had no idea. So I asked him to give me a couple of days to see how it all worked before I submitted a pricing quote for him.

The point of  Hubpages is to write an article on absolutely anything you want. Upload it to the site and select some related Amazon products to promote. There will be Google Adsense ads displayed on your completed page as well. You can even sign up to receive commissions on eBay sales made on your hubs if you wish.

Essentially, you get paid 60% of any revenue your pages generate. The people who own  Hubpages keep the other 40%. That's the crux of revenue share sites, folks.

So I thought I'd see how difficult it was to get started. It took me about five minutes to create my account and then another 90 minutes to write and upload a total of four articles. Not too bad, really.

What I learned is that you don't just paste your written article into your hub. Instead, you can break down your paragraphs and put them into different sections. You can break them up with interesting images or or graphics or ad blocks. The point is to keep the reader engaged long enough to leave a comment at the end.

Now that I've set up a couple of hubs on  Hubpages, I can't say that it's done anything amazing for my income. I've earned $1.22 in the past two weeks from those ads. Woo hoo.

But the point is that I also upload multiple articles for my client in his account each week. He's earning PLENTY from his account (I probably shouldn't be peeking in his account earnings while I'm supposed to be uploading new articles, but he lets me log into the account, so... what would you do?)

Maybe this is where I need to think about submitting a few more and making them a little more active to see if that boosts my passive income at all? It's worth a thought, anyway.

Has anyone out there had any success with  Hubpages so far? I'd love to read your comments about what you did to make it work for you.


Sharon said...

I’ve really enjoyed reading your blog so I’ve nominated you for the Liebster Award. Go to http://middleagedcoed.wordpress.com/2013/04/27/i-won-the-liebster-award/ for full details about accepting this award. It’s a “pay it forward” award, so I hope you’ll participate.

Bianca Raven said...

Thank you for nominating my little blog for the Liebster Award, Sharon. I visited your site (http://middleagedcoed.wordpress.com/2013/04/27/i-won-the-liebster-award/) to grab the questions you posed for the nomination and will post responses for these after my working day is done :)

Anonymous said...

You ought to take part in a contest for one of the greatest websites online.

I'm going to recommend this web site!

My webpage; Montre Guess

Ahmed Milon said...

Thank you How to make money as a freelancer….. Who want to know more about SEO.. please visit.. ”What is SEO?”

Ed said...

Ahmed, SEO means "Search Engine Optimization" It has to do with typing certain keywords into an article.
I don't like revenue sharing sites either. They aren't for me.

Bianca Raven said...

Ahmed, thank you for trying really hard to link to your own SEO-services blog. Unfortunately, if you're trying to generate backlinks to improve your SEO strategies, it doesn't work when you don't put the link in correctly behind the anchor text. Just a hint in a few successful SEO strategies that might actually get better results than what you're trying right now. But good luck in your SEO business anyway :)

Amie said...

This is cool!

ghostwriter said...

Thanks a lot for this great ideas..